A Late-Night Coffee Stop at Bookee’s Once Upon a Cup Book Cafe
Not every adventure has to take you hundreds of kilometers away. Sometimes, it’s just a short ride, a quiet corner, and a good cup of coffee.
Sometimes, the best places to discover are the ones you never actually planned to visit.
Weeks ago, I found myself at Bookee’s Once Upon a Cup Book Cafe in San Lorenzo, Sta. Rosa, Laguna, thanks to a spontaneous late-night food trip that started with a message I almost missed.
It was already around 11 PM when I woke up and finally saw a message from a colleague inviting me to grab something to eat. Since I had just woken up and was wide awake at an hour when most people were already asleep, I thought, why not?
Then I remembered a café I had passed by recently. I noticed that it had quite a number of people inside, and naturally, I got curious. What was it about this place that made people want to spend time there?
I had already told myself, “One day, I’ll visit this place.”
Well, that day came sooner than expected.
I decided to invite a couple of friends to join me, and before we knew it, we were on our way to San Lorenzo for a late-night coffee and food trip.
What I did not know yet was that this was not just another café stop. Bookee’s Once Upon a Cup is a book café, with shelves of books and cozy, aesthetic corners that make the place feel like somewhere you could easily lose track of time.
And maybe that is what made this spontaneous trip worth remembering.
First Impressions
Walking into Bookee’s Once Upon a Cup for the first time, the first thing that caught my attention was the collection of classic books and bookshelves throughout the café.
The shelves are filled with books of different genres and sizes, giving the space a distinct character that immediately sets it apart from a typical coffee shop. The dark walls, warm lighting, wooden accents, and carefully arranged books create a cozy and slightly vintage atmosphere that makes the café feel like a small escape from the outside world.
What I especially liked was how the books were not simply used as decoration. They were part of the experience. Guests are free to browse through the books while enjoying their food and drinks, making the café feel more like a place to slow down and stay awhile.
The café counter, where our late-night coffee and dessert stop began
One of the café’s cozy reading corners, surrounded by shelves of books.
Another seating area tucked between shelves filled with books.
Rows of books that give Bookee’s Once Upon a Cup its distinct book-café character.
Settling into one of the cozy corners with a book in hand
What We Ordered
For my drink, I went with a Classic Americano (Hot, 16 oz – ₱150). I personally prefer my coffee on the stronger side, so this one tasted a little lighter than what I usually enjoy. If you prefer a bolder cup of coffee like I do, you might want to ask for an extra shot of espresso for a stronger coffee flavor. That said, coffee preferences really vary from person to person, and it may be a better match for those who enjoy a smoother and milder cup.
For the food, we ordered two kinds of fries: Sour Cream Fries (₱85) and Cheese Fries (₱85). Both were enjoyable and delicious, but what stood out for me were their pastries and desserts.
My companions also tried the Biscoff Cheesecake (₱225 per slice) and Oreo Cheesecake (₱199 per slice). For drinks, they ordered a Caramel Macchiato Frappe (₱200) and an Oreo Frappe (₱200).
Overall, while the coffee wasn't quite my personal preference, I really enjoyed the pastries and the variety of food and drinks available.
Coffee and non-coffee drinks on the menu.
Disclaimer: Prices shown are based on our visit and may be subject to change
Our late-night coffee and dessert spread at Once Upon a Cup.
Our sweet and savory picks for the night: cheesecakes and fries
Café Experience
Visiting Once Upon a Cup in the early hours of the morning gave us a quieter and more relaxed experience. There were only a few people around during our visit, which made the café feel cozy and comfortable. The staff were also welcoming and approachable, which added to the pleasant experience.
The café also has a cozy corner dedicated to books and little personal touches. Guests can leave messages on the sticky-note wall, and if you have a camera with a portable printer, you can even add printed photos to make the space feel more personal. There’s also a power outlet nearby, which is a nice touch if you plan to stay for a while—just bring your own charger.
This cozy corner combines books, personal notes, and little memories left by café guests.
A cozy little moment surrounded by books and good food
With its cozy setup, books, tables, and available power outlets, the café can also be a nice spot for studying, reading, or simply spending a few quiet hours. It’s also a lovely place to catch up with friends over coffee or spend time with someone special. Since we visited around 2 AM, the quiet atmosphere made it even more relaxing.
For me, it was simply a fun and enjoyable late-night café stop. Good food, a cozy atmosphere, friendly staff, and good company—what more could you ask for?
Opening Hours
Once Upon A Cup Book Cafe in Santa Rosa, Laguna is open daily from 12:00 PM to 3:00 AM on weekdays (Monday to Friday) and from 10:00 AM to 3:00 AM on weekends (Saturday and Sunday).
Opening hours may change, so it's best to check the cafe's latest schedule before visiting.
For the latest updates, you can also check their Facebook page.
Once Upon A Cup Book Cafe
Final Thoughts
Overall, I really enjoyed my visit to Once Upon a Cup. The café was clean, organized, and cozy, which I personally appreciated because I’m not really a fan of crowded places. Since we visited around 2 AM, the quiet atmosphere made the experience even more enjoyable.
I also loved that the food was delicious and that the cozy ambience made it easy to relax and enjoy our time there. For me, it was more than just a quick coffee stop—it was a genuinely good and enjoyable café experience.
Would I come back? Definitely! I’d be happy to visit again, especially for the good food, cozy atmosphere, and relaxed vibe. I really loved the place, and I can definitely see myself coming back for another late-night café run. ☕📚
Comments
Post a Comment